The Next release ?

May 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

There are a few discussions where the answer has been - "in the next release".

Any timetable on when this could happen ?

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Seconded. A release schedule will give confidence to people (like me) who are wondering if this tool is the right option. With TxF on it's way to being deprecated/removed from future OSes, this File Manager could/should be going from strength to strength.

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I've modified the planned 1.3 release to have a tentative date of Dec 2012. 1.3 is supposed to be a minor release for bug fixes and minor enhancements. I will review the list we have and see what's realistic to be included in 1.3 and we can start recruiting contributors.

The next major release is 2.0. I am not sure what would be in that. Suggestions welcomed.

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Hi, could you give me an update which bug fixes and minor enhancements you plan on updating this december? I'm currently thinking of using it but if you're going to release soon I think it's easier to wait a little while.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Hi:

Right now there's no date for the 2.0 yet. If there are more interests and contributors, that may change but as right now, there's nothing planned for the immediate future. Thanks.

Chinh

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I am using your code in my project and have made some enhancements to it which may be useful to others. Namely, I added support for deleting entire directories (empty or not) and copying entire directories (instead of just files). I've also added tests to cover the code I wrote. If you are interested in the code, I'd be willing to share it.

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Hi mmedie: Sorry for the slow reply, but yes we are definitely interested in contributions to make the project better. You can send me your code as a zip file, or create a pull request. Thanks.